If you want to get serious about astro-imaging, check out this wide-field quadruplet astrograph from Stellarvue! With 86mm of aperture and a focal ratio of f/5.4, this 4-element refractor will produce beautifully color-corrected images that are sharp to the edge of the field in a 60mm imaging circle. The optical elements in this astrograph, two of which are made from FCD-100 super-low dispersion glass, are widely spaced to increase color correction and sharpness. Each and every system is tested to assure proper alignment and lack of on-axis astigmatism.
The Stellarvue SVQ86 is designed for imaging with full frame and larger sensors. While it can be used for visual observations and comes with a 2" focuser adapter to do so, the views will not be equal to the similarly priced SV80-3SV, which is designed for both visual and imaging.
The SVQ86-3SV includes a heavy-duty 3" Stellarvue focuser that is capable of lifting +/- 12 pounds. In order to make sure this focuser matches the quality of the optics in this astrograph, Stellarvue disassembles and rebuilds it with new upgraded bearings. They also machine additional mechanical tensioners into the focuser. These upgrades will increase the dual-speed focuser's ability to hold your camera and accessories like a champ by reducing play in the mechanism.
You will receive hinged mounting rings, a short Vixen-style dovetail rail, and a heavy-duty hard case. As mentioned earlier, the focuser comes with a 2" adapter. If you decide to add the Riser Blocks, which Stellarvue recommends, it is best that you choose one of the riser block packages (with Vixen or Losmandy rail) that best suits your mount. The shorter included Vixen rail is fine for attaching the telescope directly to a mount, but the longer rail of either width would provide more balancing room with the riser blocks.
Stellarvue SVQ86-3SV Specifications
- Focal Length: 464 mm (f/5.4)
- Threaded connection: M82X1 male thread
- Included 2" Adapter: For cameras with 2" insert tube and eyepieces/diagonal
- Backfocus: Threaded connection 140 mm, with 2" adapter: 120 mm
- Length (dew shield retracted focuser in): 16 3/4"
- Length (dew shield extended, focuser racked in): 18.5"
- Weight of Telescope: 9.6 pounds
- Weight of Telescope in Case: 18.5 pounds
- Focuser: Modified 3" Stellarvue dual-speed focuser with 30 mm of travel
- Tube diameters: Dew Shield 4 3/4", main tube about 3 7/8"
- Case Dimensions: 20 5/8" X 9" X 8"
- Coatings: High transmission full multi-coatings