This base is designed with a dual-radius curve in order to fit onto the predrilled holes of all Astro-Physics refractors or other commercial telescopes that utilizes the same hole spacing. Fortunately, the spacing between the holes of most finder brackets is the same. The dovetail design of this base accepts these items:
- 10 x 60 Quick Release Guider Bracket (S1060QRGB)
- 10 x 60 Quick Release Finder Bracket (S1060QRM)
- 8x50 Quick Release Finder Bracket (S850QRM)
- Male Dovetail Base (A3251-B and earlier versions) along with whatever accessory you have attached
- Modified TeleVue StarBeam (STARFMD) or modified Qwik Point(QWIKMD) finder, which already include our part #A3251-B male dovetail piece.
Although we assemble the bases for right-handed use, you can easily move the locking and stop screws to the opposite positions for left-handed people. Additionally, we have provided a central locking screw hole so that our traditional finder brackets can be used with this base. The second set of attachment holes are provided for shifting the base forward or backward as needed.
The mounting hole spacing is approximately 1 3/8” (34.9 mm) side-to-side and uses 10-32 screws for attachment. The length is 2.30" (58.4 mm).
Weight: 4.4 oz. (.13 kg)