Introducing iOptron's new compact next-generation center-balance equatorial mounts the CEM26EC!
Like their predecessors, the CEM26 is designed with portability in mind, weighing in at only 10 lbs it can support up to a 26lb payload an incredible 2.6 mount weight to payload ratio. The key to enable such ratios is the CEM design focuses the mount and payload weight directly on the center of the tripod rendering “natural stability”.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models we have added features for convenience and functionality. A positive lock gear engagement system (easy to use even when wearing gloves). A high resolution optical encoder with real-time PEC delivers accurate tracking with PE <0.3 arcsec RMS. Built-in Wi-Fi enabling unparallel connectivity. The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact equatorial mounts.
The center-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the center of gravity allowing for greater natural stability. Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod. And polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time since the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The CEM26 is equipped with the latest advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. Its database includes over 212,000+ objects. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use and its large 4-line LCD screen simplifies the process of setting telescopes and locating objects.
The CEM26EC mount has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. It comes with a 1.5" heavy duty stainless steel tripod and an aluminum carrying case.
- Unique design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- PE < 0.3 arcsec rms
- Payload of 12 kg (26 lbs) with the mount-only weight of 4.5 kg (10 lbs)
- CNC machined and cast metal body
- Spring loaded gear system
- Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Stepper motor with low power consumption
- iOptron AccuAlignTM calibrated polar scope
- Polar alignment routine for those who can’t see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8409 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- 1.5" heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5kg)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
- Hard carrying case
- Optional 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Optional iGuiderTM autoguiding system #3360