Introducing iOptron's new compact next-generation German equatorial mounts the GEM28!
Like their predecessors, the GEM28 is designed with portability in mind, weighing in at only 10 lbs it can support up to a 28lb payload an incredible 2.8 mount weight to payload ratio. We achieved this using design methods developed to reduce mount mass in our CEM family of mounts. The German EQ versions were created to satisfy consumer that prefer a more traditional mount and to function at higher latitudes.
Building on the legacy of earlier GEM models we have added features for convenience and functionality. A positive lock gear engagement system (easy to use even when wearing gloves), Built-in Wi-Fi enabling unparallel connectivity and recordable permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) to repeat optimal PEC training sessions. Regarding functionality the GEM28 delivers precise pointing and accurate tracking. The GEM28 sets the new standard for compact German equatorial goto mounts.
The GEM28 is equipped with the latest advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. The 212,000 object library ensures you’ll never run out of targets to see or image. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use and its large 4-line LCD screen simplifies the process of setting telescopes and locating objects.
The CEM26B mount has an AccuAlignTM optical polar scope installed for quick and easy polar alignment. It comes with a 1.5" heavy duty stainless steel tripod.
- German equatorial design, latitude range of 10° ~ 70°
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< ± 10 arc seconds)
- Payload of 12.7 kg (28 lbs) with the mount-only weight of 4.5 kg (10 lbs)
- CNC machined and cast metal body
- Spring loaded gear system
- Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Stepper motor with low power consumption
- AccuAlignTM calibrated polar scope
- Polar alignment routine for those who can’t see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8409 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Standard 1.5 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5kg)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
- Optional hard carrying case
- Optional 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Optional iGuiderTM autoguiding system (#3360)