EQ8-R Mount with Pier Tripod
- 110-pound (50 kg) Payload
- All-metal precision internal construction makes this mount strong and stable. The EQ8-R is a perfect fit for even the largest OTAs Sky-Watcher has to offer.
- Belt-drive On Both Axes
- Belt drives provide minimal backlash and significantly reduced periodic error, which mean smoother, more accurate tracking.
- Integrated Cable Management System
- Built-in USB 3.0, power, and serial ports eliminate cable drag and reduces the worry of cable snags
Building on the legacy of Sky-Watcher’s popular EQ8 mount, the EQ8-R introduces a variety of upgrades and enhancements that make observatory-class astrophotography easier than ever.
Whisper-quiet dual belt drives greatly reduce Periodic Error while providing enhanced tracking and guiding. The fully realized cable management system eliminates cable drag and makes remote set-ups ridiculously convenient.
The EQ8-R has an available optional polar scope available, making polar alignment quick and easy
Cable management features four USB 3.0 ports, three 2.1mm power ports and three serial ports
Rock-solid, all-metal construction delivers a staggering 110 pounds of payload capacity