SPECIFICATION: R.A. / DEC. AXIS
* All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
* All stainless steel hardware.
* One 3.750” diameter needle thrust bearing.
* One 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearing.
* Two 1.500” diameter needle bearings.
* 5.625” diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 360 tooth.
* Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
* Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
* 1.250” diameter stainless steel shafts.
* Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 14-64 degrees, large knob for easy alignment. (8-68 degrees with small modification).
* Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
* Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degree.
* 5.000" diameter laser engraved setting circles, 4 minute R.A., vernier reading to 1 minute / 1 degrees DEC., vernier reading to 0.1 degree. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
* Porter slip ring design.
* 160 oz/in stepper motor, 0.5 arc sec. step.
* Dovetail saddle-plate allows for the interchanging of any tube assembly-reduces need for DEC. weights.
* Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
* 21 lb counterweight.
* 7 lb and 11 lb extra counterweights available.
* Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
* Instrument weight capacity 60 lbs.
* Equatorial head weight 36 lbs.
* All machined aluminum, black anodized, powder coated.
* Tripod height, adjustable from 33” - 48”
* Removable leg design for easy transporting.
* Tripod weight 35 lbs.
* Diamond push button pattern.
* R.A. and DEC. reversing switches.
* Three guiding rates; 30%, 50% and 2x sidereal rate.
* Three setting rates; 4x, 8x, 16x sidereal rate.
* Quartz tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar, king.
* Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
* Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
* Control panel dimmer.
* Accepts auto-guider systems.
* Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
* 12 volt DC - 500ma power use.
* Tiltable control panel for easy access.
* Small hand control box for comfortable use.
GEMINI 2 FEATURES
* Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions
* Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and a tactile membrane on the rear
* Support for the original four-button controller
* For Losmandy GM8, G-11 & Titan mounts
* Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function
* 8 deg/sec Slew Rate (GM8)
* 0.5 arcsec positional accuracy
* DC Servos for improved accuracy with higher torque than stepper motors
* GPS-compatible with optional receiver
* Stand-alone system. No PC required!
* Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or serial port
* Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
* English, French & German displays
* Over 40,000 objects
* Two USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program
* Port E - future high-res encoders
* Port F - multi-function serial; A/D I/O
* Firmware upgrade via internet
* PEC correction
* Auto-Guide port (TTL)
* Dual 12-18V DC input/output (3.0A)
**SPRING LOADED WORM PER AXIS NOW STANDARD**
HD FOLDABLE TRIPOD
With adjustable leg design. Height range from 33" to 48" All heights are from ground level to top of tripod, vertical.